Say your name.
That’s this week’s Theme at “The Daily Post.” I’d tell you mine, but that’s just the problem. I feel like I’ve been saying it a bit too much lately. Here’s why:
These days I’ve been feeling a bit like the frog in Emily Dickinson’s poem, “I’m Nobody! Who are You?” The poet writes:
How dreary to be somebody!
How public, like a frog
To tell your name the livelong day
To an admiring bog!
You see, since the publication of my new book Joy in Every Moment I’ve been posting to Facebook and tweeting on Twitter so often, that sometimes it feels like I’ve been at it–well–“in every moment”!
Some authors resist the part of the job that entails self-promotion, but I’m not dragging my feet.
Perhaps it’s just that I’m the daughter of a salesman, so I’m okay with approaching strangers with an outstretched hand and offering my wares. You see, my dad recently retired after 60+ years of selling building supplies to contractors on Long Island. Before that he sold Scripto Pens on summer vacations from college. And here’s what he taught me:
Selling isn’t hard work if you believe in your product.
And in this case, I do.
After all, I’m selling nothing less than Joy! And Joy empowers us to live our days consciously, fully, and without regrets.
So, I’m not holding back! I’m going to keep preaching to that bog…or blog as the case may be.
To quote another of Dickinson’s poems:
‘Tis so much joy! ‘Tis so much joy!
If I should fail, what poverty!
And yet, as poor as I,
Have ventured all upon a throw!
Have gained! Yes! Hesitated so—
This side the Victory!
Spread the Joy
If you believe, as I do, that spreading Joy is important, I hope you’ll help me get the word out about Joy in Every Moment. Here’s what you can do:
- Read the book! If you haven’t already done so, I hope you will consider reading Joy in Every Moment. You can find it online for $10! Retail it’s $12.95. That’s a bargain!
- Tell your friends about Joy in Every Moment on social media
- “LIKE” my author page on Facebook, or follow me on Twitter (@tziviag) and invite your friends to do the same
- Review Joy on GoodReadsor Amazon
- Bring me to your city or town to talk to your book club, yoga community, professional group, local bookstore, or library.
Thank you for helping to make the world a little bit more JOYful!
P.S. Thanks, Dad!
This Post is a response to “The Daily Post.” Say Your Name