The ABCs of a Better Night’s Sleep
If you want to sleep better, begin with the basics. Your bedroom doesn’t need to be beautiful to ensure a good night’s sleep, but putting some thought into making your bed and its environs cozy and calm is certainly beneficial. Here are a few suggestions to help make improving your sleep environment a breeze:
- Eliminate clutter to make your bedroom feel relaxed and spacious.
- Remove distractions like televisions or computers, as well as any reminders of work or finances that might trigger stressful thoughts.
- Use heavy curtains or shades to eliminate as much light as possible. A dark room is essential for a good night’s sleep.
- Backlit digital clocks and electronic equipment all emit light. Limit or eliminate the number of light sources in the room.
- Switch your cell phone to “airplane mode” so that it doesn’t send and receive signals while you sleep. This will eliminate the possibility of being woken by a text message or call, but will allow you to use the phone’s alarm clock, as well as the voice memo feature to record your dreams.
- Check your mattress and pillows. Are they still comfortable? If not, it may be time to replace them.
- Candles, incense, and some decorative cozy pillows can give your room a cozy, inviting feel.
- Use a lavender-scented eye pillow to help you relax into sleep.
Today’s blog post was brought to you by the letter B…
So that you might dream and be well!