a workshop with Tzivia Gover
at SOUND: A Center for Music, Creative Arts, and Mindfulness–located in Newtown, Connecticut
Saturday, September 28, 2013 – 10:00am to 3:00pm
Sunday, September 29, 2013 – 10:00am to 3:00pm
Listening to Dreams; Healing our Lives with Tzivia Gover
Wouldn’t it be nice if you could improve your physical and emotional health while you sleep? When you learn to listen to and understand your dreams, you can! From ancient Greeks who made pilgrimages to dream temples to 21st century women and men who turn to psychotherapy, people have long looked to dreams for guidance and honored their healing potential.
In “Listening to Dreams, Healing our Lives,” a two-part weekend intensive, you will have the opportunity to move deeply and consciously into your dreams to gain improved emotional, physical, and spiritual well-being. You can sign up for Saturday only or Saturday and Sunday. (Attending Saturday’s workshop is a pre-requisite to attending Sunday’s intensive.)
In this day-long workshop participants will gain a broad overview of how and why we dream, and how to gain greater understanding of ourselves and our world through dreamwork. Participants will learn:
- Various theories of why we dream, what dreams mean, and how to approach them from psychological, scientific, and mystical perspectives Z To improve dream recall
- To use dream journaling to better understand the meaning and messages in their dreams
- Several techniques for understanding the meaning and messages in their dreams
- Learn how dreamwork can aid in emotional and physical healing, and lead to creative breakthroughs and problem-solving
- Meditations for entering sleep consciously, and for sleeping and dreaming more deeply. In addition, participants will have the opportunity to share their dreams in a safe, fun, and educational setting.
In this intensive, participants who completed Saturday’s workshop will deepen their experience with dreams and dreamwork by exploring:
- How actively to engage with dreams by setting dream intentions, incubating dreams, and take guidance from them
- Recurring dreams and nightmares and how to use them to move through emotional obstacles and creative blocks
- Extraordinary dreaming, including “lucid” or “conscious” dreams
- Establishing a Dream Practice: Like yoga or meditation, dreamwork is an ongoing practice that deepens and develops with dedication and consistency. Participants will integrate the knowledge and techniques they’ve learned to create and plan for using dreamwork that they can take home and implement for ongoing benefits.
Tzivia Gover, author of Mindful Moments for Stressful Days, and Learning in Mrs. Towne’s House: A Teacher, Her Students, and the Woman Who Inspired Them, has been leading self-growth workshops for various institutions and retreat programs (including Esalen Institute, Big Sur, CA and Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health, Lenox, MA) for nearly a decade. A Certified Dream Therapist, Certified Proprioceptive Writing Teacher, and Reiki Master, she is also a member of the International Association for the Study of Dreams, and is the creator of 350 Dreamers, a worldwide network of dreamers working for global healing. For more information visit www.thirdhousemoon.com
Pricing and Policies: Listening to Dreams workshops are open to anyone who has a desire to learn more about dreams and dreamwork. Participants are encouraged to bring a dream or dreams they would like to work with, however, people who do not yet recall their dreams can also benefit from these workshops.
*Participants can sign up for Saturday only or Saturday and Sunday. (Attending Saturday’s workshop is a pre-requisite to attending Sunday’s intensive.) Tuition is $65 for Saturday only, or $120 for Saturday and Sunday. Upon signup please note one day or both
*Please note participants must send in a $30 deposit to hold your space.
May be cash or check made out to SOUND and mailed to
31 Hawleyville Rd Newtown CT 06470 Workshop schedule:
Saturday: 10-3, with a 45-minute lunch break Sunday: 10-3, with a 45-minute lunch break
BECAUSE DREAMS MATTER:
PLEASE SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH YOUR FRIENDS via FACEBOOK, EMAIL and/or Word of Mouth.